Mounting strap hinges, faux hinges or dummy strap hinges to your garage door is a quick and easy way to transform your garage door into a carriage door. The following mounting instructions are for Agave Ironworks Faux Strap Hinges which are available in several sizes and multiple finishes (Brown Rust, Dark Bronze, Flat Black, Red Rust).
Each Agave Ironworks Strap Hinge Kit Includes:
- One Strap
- Mounting Screws
- Finish Clavos
Strap Hinge Installation Instructions
- Decide on appropriate placement of straps. Generally, the flat end of the strap goes against the hinge of the hinged side of the door, gate or shutter. (Center the strap if it has an arrow on both ends.)
- Use a level, T-Square or measure to ensure straps are parallel to top/bottom of door, gate or shutter.
- Secure straps with screws provided in one hole of each set of adjoining holes.
- After strap is secured, gently tap in a Clavos in the remaining holes next to each screw. We suggest you drill a small pilot hole for ease of Clavos insertion if your door, gate, or shutter is made of hardwood or metal.
- The Clavos head will cover the screw head and give your strap a rustic, finished look.
PLEASE NOTE: Use a rubber or wooden mallet to tap in your Clavos. We never suggest the use of a metal hammer as it may damage the finish.
We hope you enjoy your new look! Always feel free to send us a few pictures of your finished project if you’d like to show off your creativity in our Customer Gallery.
About Agave Ironworks
Located in San Diego, California and Tecate, B.C., Mexico, Agave Ironworks’ mission is to create and provide the most authentic rustic iron hardware available, staying true to the hacienda tradition.
Agave Ironworks pays meticulous attention to the texture, depth and beauty of the timeless style of a classic Tuscan Villa or Spanish Hacienda.
The distinctive feeling of the hacienda lifestyle will embrace you as you see and touch an Agave Ironworks creation. You will find quality handcrafted hardware that has been created by the sensitive hearts and hands of Hispanic master craftsman, leaving a lasting impression and adding to the beauty of your home.